Monday 22 February 2016

Pop Up Box Card

I'd like to share with you a pop up box card that I created for my dear Nan, who is celebrating her birthday this week.


The great thing about these pop-up cards, is that they fold down flat for posting, and fit into a standard C6 envelope too.  And the card itself can be made from a single sheet of A4 card (the decorations are not included in this).

You start off with a sheet of A4 card, and trim it to 6" x 9".  You then need to score it along the long edge at 2 1/8", 4 1/4", 6 3/8" and 8 1/2", and then at 2 3/4" on the short edge.  Remove the 2 3/4" x 1/2" tab, as this is not needed.  From the remaining card, cut two pieces of card measuring 1 1/8" x 3 1/8", then score 1/2" from each end, folding in opposite directions to create a "Z" shape.

With the removed piece of card as the "top end" of your box, cut along the score lines to the 2 3/4" score line, as shown.  Fold down three tabs, leaving the fourth tab (next to the removed piece) unfolded.  At this point, I rounded off the corners on the tabs, but this is not necessary and is down to personal preference.

Assemble the box, sticking the tab (the piece below the removed piece) to hold together, using either Fast Fuse Adhesive (dry), or Tombow (wet).  Then stick the two "Z" pieces at the top of the box, just beneath the top, to stick the flowers to.

The flowers were stamped using the Flower Shop stamp set, and the greeting and banner from You're So Lovely.  Punch out the flowers, and cut out the banner, before attaching to 1/2" wide strips of Window Sheet using Tear & Tape, trimming to size, and sticking to the box card (again, using Tear & Tape).  The final flower is then attached to the card using a Stampin'' Dimensional foam pad.

Here are the products I used:


I hope you have enjoyed this project.

Please do use the reward code to get free products (reward code shown in the to right of my blog is the current one).  If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as you then qualify for Hostess Rewards.  And remember, during Sale-a-Bration, you get to choose a free product from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue for every £45 you spend!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/camscreativity/jointhefun&dbwsdemoid=5017475  http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx&dbwsdemoid=5017475

You can buy Stampin' Up! products online easily through my Stampin' Up! Shop link (above and to the to right of my blog), or within this blog post.

You can also join Stampin' Up! through similar links too!  I cover the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France, and Austria with my shop, and also my team, so you can join me in those countries also!

And of course you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube, with my account name CamsCreativity, and Twitter as CamsCreativUK.

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you!

www.facebook.com/CamsCreativity

No comments:

Post a Comment